Allah subḥānahu wa ta’āla (glorified and exalted be He) says in the Qur’an: The Night of Laylatul Qadr is better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter. Peace is until the emergence of dawn. [Qur’an: 97:3-5]
This is true that worshipping in a single night of 27th Ramadan is better than the prayers of eighty-three years which are attained in one of the last ten nights of Ramadan particularly on the odd-numbered nights: 21st, 25th, 27th, and 29th.
Why Laylatul Qadr is called ‘The Eve of Destiny’?
It is the night which is superior to all excellent nights of Ramadan. It is said that a prayer during this Laylatul Qadr marks to the prayer of the thousands of months. The destiny for the year is settled on this night.
The Angels and Roohul Ameen (a highly dignified Angel) descend on this earth, with the permission of Allah (SWT) & call on the Imam of the time, and what is ordained (by Allah) for everybody is presented before the Imam.
Make your Worship Plan Better than Yesterday on Laylatul Qadr
- Do Ghusl preferably near sunset time to begin with?
- Perform charity/Sadqa on this night of Laylatul Qadr
- Recite Holy Quran as much as you can and placed in front, then one should recite as under:
“When opening the Qur’an and praying for your needs with the intercession of the Qur’an, realize that while the Qur’an is a cure for spiritual illness, it only benefits the pious ones and the evil doers are deprived of its illumination. Thus increase the chances for Qur’an intercession to work on your behalf by earnestly following the rulings of the Qur’an.”
- Offer two raka’ats Salah. In every Rakat recite Sura-al-Hamd, and Sura Ikhlaas seven times. (for seeking protection against sinning for the seven organs ). You can do it after finishing Salat, recite 70 times for betterment.
Sincerely As for Forgiveness – Recite this Dua on Laylatul Qadr
أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللّهَ وَأَتُوبُ إلَيْهِ.
Astaghfiru Allaha Wa Atubu Ilayhi
‘I seek the forgiveness of Allah and I repent before Him.’
- Seek forgiveness hundred times as you remember your sins and recite other duas like Munajat e Taebeen , Dua Tauba & Dua Kumayl .
أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللّهَ رَبِّي وَأَتُوبُ إلَيْهِ.
Astaghfiru allaha rabby wa atubu ilayhi
‘I seek the forgiveness of Allah, my Lord, and I repent before Him.’
- Eat light on Laylatul Qadr as you stay late till Fajr, eat less and light so that your body will be more productive while praying. The more you eat, harder it will be for you.
- Don’t waste time as these are just ten nights to seek forgiveness for your sins. Don’t take part in social activities as you have the whole year for that. Dedicate Laylatul Qadr doing the maximum dhikr and do not miss these blessed nights.