Hajj Visa Requirements
The Royal embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington DC has made it mandatory that each applicant for a Hajj visa must apply through a licensed U.S. travel agency that has signed a contract issued by ministry of Hajj. The signed contract is a prerequisite for obtaining the hajj visa.
The hajj visas would be gratis granted from mid of Shawwal to 29 th of Dhul Qudah of each year. Applications for hajj visa will only be considered that meet the following requirements.
- A passport with at least six months validity and acceptable for entry to Saudi Arabia. The passport should have at least two adjacently blank visa pages.
- 1 recent passport size colored photograph with white background. The photo shot must be full-face in front view. Side or angled views wouldn't be accepted.
- An application form obtained from ministry's website or office. It should be complete and filled with black ink or printed, signed and stamped by the authorized travel agency.
- The mahram's complete information on the applications of his spouse, mother, sister and children with whom he is travelling must be attached. Copies of marriage or birth certificates and kinship should be provided. If these documents are issued outside the US, then translated and notarized copies by certified translation office should be attached.
- Proof of vaccination for meningitis and ACYW135 must be submitted.
- Two certified checks that include the pilgrim's name and passport number payable to "Unified Agents Office" in Jeddah for pilgrimage service must be submitted.
- Applicant must pay the following fees: (a) US $158.40 for services rendered by the local Tawaf agencies and for housing at the Holy sites. (b) US $116.00 for air-conditioned transportation services. Pilgrims have the option to submit one check combining both fees: in this case, the amount would be US $274.40.
- Non US citizens required to submit copies of their green card or other proof of their legal residence.
- If the applicant is a convert, then a certificate from authentic Islamic institution certified by US government should be attached with application form.